Danfoss is a worldwide manufacturer of compressors and condensing units for refrigeration and HVAC applications. Danfoss have a wide range of high quality and innovative products that help your company to find the best possible energy efficient solution that respects the environment and reduces total life cycle costs.
Danfoss have 40 years of experience within the development of hermetic compressors which places them amongst the global leaders in the industry. Today Danfoss operate from engineering and manufacturing facilities spanning across three continents.
This SY380A4CAI model is supplied with a motor protection module fitted inside the compressor terminal box. The protection module provides protection against overheating, overloading & phase loss or reversal. The motor protector comprises of a control module connected to PTC sensors embedded in the motor windings. Once tripped the module has a 5 minute start delay providing the windings have cooled below the response temperature. The time delay can be cancelled by resetting the mains (L-N disconnected) for approximately 5 seconds (monitoring function is inactive for 20 seconds after shutdown). The SY/SZ240 to SY/SZ380 compressors have an internal safety relief device that is set to open between the high & low side if the differential pressure between the suction & discharge surpasses 31 to 38 bar.
The SY range of compressors benefit from the improved design features below to achieve the highest efficiency:
• Gas circulation, motor cooling and oil behaviour are improved on light commercial platform models by a new patented motor cap design.
• Part protection and assembly reduces internal leaks and increases life durability.
• Improved part isolation reduces greatly acoustic levels
• Gas intake design induces higher resistance to liquid slugging.
• Multi-refrigerant (R134a, R22, R407C, R513A) optimized scroll profile and charged with PVE oil.
Note: Crankcase heater is not supplied with compressor & should be purchased separately if required.